Friday, March 27, 2009
Thursday, March 26, 2009
And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Friday, March 13, 2009
And...here we go!
1. When I look to the left, I see my bookshelf with pictures of my family at different stages of our life together.
2. The living room is the room that has the best view in my home, of course you have to have all the blinds closed and only look out the little stack windows so you can see the sky. We live in a mobile home park and everywhere we look out the windows is other homes. My favorite thing to look at is my 6 photo frame scrapbook picture of our family.
3. Let it work itself out you can't fix people who just want to complain, that's what I tell myself when I feel like other peoples drama is taking over my family time, just pray for them.
4. Nothing is done dirt cheap, I live in California! Well unless you ask ACDC they have a song about blankety blank done dirt cheap.
5. Voting is a responsibility that all qualified citizens must share.
6. If you have any encouraging thoughts feel free to share.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to starting off my weekend Women's retreat, catching up with ladies I only see once a year and seeing the beach at sunset, tomorrow my plans include breakfast and morning session, lunch in maybe Carmel and some shopping hopefully a walk on the beach and evening session and Sunday, I want to get up a bit early and have some one on one time with God as I watch the awesome power of his creation the ocean come in and out at His hand!
Have a great weekend.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Remember those earlier days after you had received the light, when you stood your ground in a great contest in the face of suffering. Hebrews 10:32
I remember the days of long ago; I meditate on all your works and consider what your hands have done. Psalm 143:5
So now that we've Looked Back and seen where God's taken us it's time to Chill Out. Chapter 9 Chill Out: Be At Rest, O My Soul. Oh yeah, this is good. As one who loves to burn the candle at both ends I needed to read this chapter. Now it's no secret that I have an illness that can get out of control because I'm not suppose to get overly stressed, over committed, or over tired, but the reality is I do. For me God has provided a trigger in my body to force me into physical rest. My body just plain shuts off sometimes for 2 to 3 days. So I get physical rest.
The Lord replied, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest" Exodus 33:14
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
9-11God didn't set us up for an angry rejection but for salvation by our Master, Jesus Christ. He died for us, a death that triggered life. Whether we're awake with the living or asleep with the dead, we're alive with him! So speak encouraging words to one another. Build up hope so you'll all be together in this, no one left out, no one left behind. I know you're already doing this; just keep on doing it.
For more ABC's of the Word headed over to Pam's at Grey Like Snuffie, and you can read from others the words that God is showing them.
Friday, March 6, 2009
1.Giving my pocket Serenity Bible to my friend was my last random act of kindness.
2. Another place? Well I don't really want to be in another place in life, God has brought me from the those other places and I don't want to go back.
3. Speak gently in matters of the heart, remember that the other person doesn't really know what's on our heart, and may not realize that hurt has occurred. Be Forgiving and be willing to listen to their heart if you want the to hear yours.
4. Coffee, tea or Cadberry Chocolate Easter Eggs yummy. Actually I like those with tea.
5. Ever notice people can take separate paths for a really long time and then end up seeing each other again in a place you never expected to see each other. That happened with a friend of mine who we use to both live in the world of parties and destruction. Didn't see each other for almost 20 years, and then ended up meeting up again at a Christian Recovery Church event. What did we both say to each other after we were done screaming and hugging, "I never thought I'd see you here" Then we laughed.
6. Our daughter reminds me that there is no way to completely avoid saying the exact same things my mother said, that I swore I'd never say.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to time with Hubby my plans include date night, I think we are going to Black Angus for dinner and then to see that Brad Pitt movie Benjamin something, we are celebrating our 7th year first date (see Has it been 7 year Post), tomorrow my plans include, WW meeting, a haircut, picking up Brinn from her sleepover, and maybe a trip to Verizon to see if we can do something about my hubby's phone it keeps shutting off, and Sunday, I want to go to church, and then come home and rest!
Hope you all have a great week.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
"7Submit therefore to God Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
8Draw near to God and He will draw near to you
Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded."
Draw near to God, can't you just picture it. Falling into our Lord Jesus' arms and being held so tight, having Him draw you so close to Him, that you can just breathe Him in and feel absolute peace and a love like no other.
For more go to our host Pam at Grey Like Snuffie, you can link to others who are sharing the ABC's of the Word
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
She's a quick study and learned pretty quick how to charm Brett and had him wrapped around her little finger with in a couple of months. Seriously who could say no to that face.
But at you can see by the time our first Christmas came they were growing closer together, and she'd even taken to calling him daddy Brett. Brett asked Brinn if he could marry her mommy on Christmas Eve and that's when we got engaged.
I never anticipated meeting someone and getting married again, in fact I was actually pretty content being single and just lovin on my sweet Brinn. God however had different plans, and I'm so glad that God didn't let my plans get in the way. God has blessed me with such a wonderful family. My heart rejoices at how much we've grown as a family, and how much God's love fills our home.