Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Learning to look past the outside.


This is one of my many scrapbook pages. I love to scrapbook, something about brings me close to God. I get to celebrate in the gifts he's given me, and the creativity he's given me.
So why this page, besides the fact that it's my most recent. Well because there was a time when I would have never shown pictures of myself to anyone that weren't let say "excellent". Let alone post it on the web. I had a way I wanted to be preceived, and goofy pictures wasn't one of them.
One of the things that God has shown me is that my beauty is not skin deep. Don't mistake me I'm still pretty hard on myself, I guess I'm a slow learner. But when I look at these pictures I can now see joy. Joy in my face from just being silly with my daughter, joy in my daughter's face because I choose to be silly with her. There was a time when I would have looked and said "oh hardly any make up, I can see a double chin" well you get the picture. So I'm learning.

3 comments:

Jane F. Smith said...

Looks like a great blog you got going here!!!

All That Chit Chat said...

How exciting that you're sharing your walk with God on your blog! I'll put you in my blog reader so I can visit often.

Abundant blessings to you!

Heather said...

I love that you posted "real" photos instead of insisting only on the perfect ones. You and your daughter look so happy here. It's beautiful.

Good luck with your new blog!

--heather